Monday, February 11, 2008

On the Mend

So the day after the Blizzard of '08, I woke up with a sore throat and a fever. That was Thursday, when I had a fever of 102.4 but I figured that was the peak. My Crafting 365 project was sketching out some ideas for the art quilt squares I need to make for a swap. Friday, instead of getting better, I managed to reach 102.8. (Crafting 365 - assembling the kits for my Mini-Matchbox Shrine class because obviously I would get better now that I had reached those dizzying heights).

Saturday, I woke up at 100 degrees, which was an improvement so I took some aspirin and drove up to Dodge County to teach my class with (I hope) reasonable coherence, and was horrified to discover on my return that my temperature had gone back up to 102 again. Lay down on the couch for the rest of the day. Drank excessive amounts of hot tea or water with lime juice. Glen brought me frozen custard for medicinal purposes (Snicker Swirl). Went to bed at 10 p.m. and finished Yiddish Policemen's Union (good book).

Officially got out of bed on Sunday morning around 11:30 a.m. and staggered to the couch to read the paper, and then read Laurie R. King's Touchstone (disappointing), while Glen watched NASCAR coverage. (He did offer to change the channel to whatever I wanted, but NASCAR actually helps me fall asleep with all that driving in circles.) My Crafting 365 entry was "tried to visualize piecing the circle quilt square" which was very difficult even with only a constant 100 degree fever because the circles tended to dance around in my imagination. We did consider my going to Urgent Care on Sunday, but the windchill was in the negative double digits, and I figured I was better off lying on the couch ingesting hot liquids.

So this morning I woke up at 98.6 degrees on the dot. I'm now at the point where I sound much worse than I feel, and was given orders to take zithromax and mucinex (and I thought they were supposed to be cutting back on antibiotic use). Meanwhile Glen's coming down with something too, but it doesn't seem to be the same thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...