Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Getting ready for the weekend

Crafting 365, days 148 & 149
Finishing up my ATCs for our local live trade on Saturday - The theme is "Random Words (Found Text)" and I've used text cut out of an old dictionary and a Regency romance novel. For the cards above I was inspired by a project on the Ten Two Studios Basic Transfer Techniques how-to CD and made contact paper transparencies using images from the CD. The cards below used Dover vintage clip art hand-colored with ink pads, Permapaque markers and gel pen.

The background technique for both sets was inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts' patchwork collage article in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors, but I used glue stick and ink pads instead of gel medium and acrylic paint. I also got carried away drawing swirly curlicues with my Crayola Spider-Writers. (They've been discontinued. What will I do when mine run out? Oh, woe! Oh, woe! Oh, dreadful, dreadful woe!)
Random Words & Found Text ATCs

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...