Thursday, April 9, 2009
Some blog bling
Cathy was kind enough to give me this creative blogging award, so go check out her artwork! I'm supposed to direct you towards 7 other crafty bloggers and tell you 7 random things about myself, so I'm going to try to do both simultaneously.
1) Michele at A House Called Nut blogs about life in Finland. She just did a great post about craftivism (craft activism). We both grew up in Northern Virginia, and I was a friend of her big sister in high school (though we didn't even go to the same school :o)
2) Kathi recently started her blog fiberdance. I met her because we each sent in ATCs for the Quilting Arts magazine's trading event at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago a few years back, and I got one of her cards, and she only lives the next county over from me! (And because we sent in those ATCs, we're both published in Patricia Bolton's 1000 ATCs book.)
3) Mel doesn't blog but she has a fabulous Flickr photostream, which is just as good. We share a love of retro fonts and goofy ephemera.
4) Jan at Red Rubber Paper & Ink runs her own stamping business, plus teaches at Artist & Display in Milwaukee, which is how I met her. (I think - I have a fuzzy memory for these things sometimes!)
5) Lynne, aka Gypsy Art, drives up from Illinois to trade ATCs with the Milwaukee ATC group, which I nominally organize (because organizing artists is like herding cats).
6) Nina, aka Obsessive Creative, also drives up from Illinois to trade ATCs with us in Milwaukee. I'm obsessed with her vintage button flower bouquet :D
7) I have never met Max of Made By Max, though we both live in the Milwaukee area but I love his daily comics on Flickr, esp. his cat-themed ones because I live in a house ruled by 2.5 cats (the Outdoor Cat only gets half the power of the indoor ones).