Monday, September 5, 2011

Art Trader, Pinterest & other Distractions

Tree Peony detailI realized that I never posted back in July that I was interviewed for the Summer 2011 issue of Art Trader Magazine, the FREE on-line 'zine for all things mail art. You can download the PDF file here. Be sure to check out their site because they also have contests and offer on-line workshops. (I took the Fantastic Faces workshop in the spring.)

Also this summer, I am attempting to reorganize my office/work area, though no one can tell when looking at the space, because it looks as messy as ever. I keep getting distracted by looking at other people's beautiful work spaces on-line and browsing for storage ideas. My friend Mel got me hooked on Pinterest, a site which allows you to "pin" links and images to your own themed boards. So perhaps I spent more time pinning inspiration to my Art Studio Ideas board than I should have....

And two of my Pinterest boards on cats and Edgar Allan Poe translated into my first Etsy treasuries. (And I was not in anyway procrastinating the cleaning and organizing when I made these.) And one of my minor accomplishments this summer was getting a few more of my quilted ornaments listed on Etsy. Now back to work...
Wee House Ornament Vignette

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Carolyn, it's so very comforting to know that I am not alone in my cleaning procrastination! You've done all of us "I'll get to it later"-folks a great service by writing this blog post, and you are to be commended for it. :D

Carolyn B said...

Oh, Mel, so glad to be of service to all the other procrastinators out there :D

gary warren niebuhr said...

Very cool article about you, Carolyn. Plus, the art you submitted looks really nice on the web, doesn't it? Great job.

Carolyn B said...

Thanks, Gary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...