Tuesday, November 8, 2011

September & October workshops & artsy stuff

Life has been busy this fall so it's time to catch up on the bloggin'! Since my last post in mid-September, I took two workshops organized for the Milwaukee Artist Trading Card group by group member Gary). MKE ATC member Lynne taught an ATC background workshop before our September meeting. We had a lot of fun making colorful serendipity collage backgrounds, and as a result I got a lot of ATCs made for our future trades!
Tinted Twenties Cutie #1Tinted Twenties Cutie #2
These use images from the Ten Two Studios "Tinted Twenties Cuties" image CD. You can see pix from the workshop and complete set of ATCs in my Flickr photostream

In October we met at RedLine Milwaukee, a wonderful non-profit community art studio that includes a print shop and paper making space. Artist Dara Larson showed us how to make ATC-sized papers and carve printing blocks to decorate them. Here's Mel pulling her first set of handmade paper ATCs:
IMG_3815
And my paper "wet off the press"!
IMG_3823 My handmade paper ATCs
(I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with them.)
Since Halloween was fast approaching I made a Day of the Dead stamp design, of course, inspired by the figure they had on display in the print shop.
IMG_3829 My skull stampIMG_3834
More photos are here. If you live in the Milwaukee area be sure to check out RedLine's upcoming workshops.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been one busy lady, Carolyn! And thanks for the shout-out! I don't know what I'm going to do with my handmade paper ATCs yet either. :D

Carolyn B said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mel! I'm thinking I'll do some sort of sewn collage with the handmade papers but it may not happen this year! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...