Thursday, March 26, 2009

Outdoor Cat Update

IMG_6495x Hey, I'm trying to eat here
At the end of last year I wrote about the Mystery Cat that showed up on our front porch demanding food. We did finally hear via the realtor that the previous owners only left food out for it (for several years) but never did anything else. (I still don't know if it's male or female but so far no kittens have appeared!) We fed it all winter, and now that the snow has finally melted, and the temperature gone above freezing, it isn't waiting for a handout everyday, but I'll put food out on demand. (Like yesterday morning when it was peering in the front door, much to the annoyance of the indoor cats Nuts & Ruby.)
IMG_6496 Indoor cat and outdoor cat
And apparently it has a posse since we came home the other night and saw three cats running together across our driveway and into our bushes, one of whom was Outdoor Cat and one of whom I have seen hanging around our yard on three different occasions. I'm hoping they're just visiting from the farm across the street!

One of my friends told me she had a snake under her deck, and as soon as she got it removed, a family of raccoons moved in, so I'm a little worried what we'd get if we did manage to relocate O.C.!

2 comments:

Mixing-Katie said...

Interesting story. Great shot of the cats looking at each other!

Carolyn B said...

Thanks, Katie - I was thinking I should catch Outdoor Cat to give to Cathy as a reward for all her hard work on organizing A4A! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...