Sunday, February 1, 2009

Make It Mondays - Masque Mode

This past week's Make It Monday's theme was Masks and I knew I wanted to make an ATC using one of the "Mode" faux postage stamps from Ten Two Studios with these big haired, big hatted 18th century fashion models. But getting a mask on her was not as easy as I had planned.

I originally wanted to cut out a little paper mask, but after the several tries, the best of which made her look like she went to the same optometrist as Geordi LaForge, I decided I would have to draw her mask and hand (hence the goofy fingers :o).

I still had my dictionaries lying around from last month's By Definition trade with Milwaukee ATC, so I found definitions of "masque" and "masquerade" to glue on the background, which is one of the many paint chip ATC backs I cut from all the paint samples I found while cleaning out my collage stash.

3 comments:

Chrisy said...

Love the unusual color combo here...the yellow with the blue and mauve...and the mask...it's perfect...

John Dyhouse said...

Never even noticed the fingers! lovely piece of art, well done

Carolyn B said...

Thanks for the kind comments - it's not my usual theme, and I was a bit frustrated about things not going as planned ;o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...