Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Fresh Start

2009_365_007 Fresh Start

This week's Make It Monday's theme is Fresh Start, and this year I'm rebooting my Crafting 365 project. My goals for 2009 include trying new techniques and having a go at all those projects that I bought supplies for but never did!

When my mom and I visited Oregon in October 2007, we went thrifting with Corinne (shown here with her finds) and I bought some lovely tarnished silver-plated spoons intending to do the spoon pendant project I had seen in the June 2007 issue of The Monthly Muse. Flash forward more than a year later, when we moved house in Nov. 2008 and I rediscovered those spoons still waiting to be altered...

I had originally had more of an egg/bird's nest theme in mind because of the shape of the spoon, but then I decided to use the blue and white bead doodads that I had wire-wrapped on New Year's Day at Jess's art play date and from there I chose this lovely Ingres portrait from the Ten Two Studios Little Dickens collage sheet. And so I made something new that I had never done before - hurrah!

5 comments:

Retta said...

Ohh that is very pretty! I have been wanting to try my hand at beading... maybe one day. :)

nancy said...

Wow. This is beautiful. I admire your craft a day goal.
Nancy

Carolyn B said...

Thanks, Retta and Nancy, for stopping by.

@Retta - I figured I'd better learn how to bead because I keep buying beads anyway ;o)

@Nancy - I've found doing a little something every day is a good way to break down the big projects (or get easily distracted!)

Rosie said...

Carolyn - that's a beautiful result and the colours are just perfect! I love altering spoons and just don't do it enough - people in the UK think I'm weird as it is!!!

Carolyn B said...

Thanks, Rosie - there are plenty of people around here who would look at us funny too! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...