Friday, January 16, 2009

Pretending it's almost spring


Crafting 365, Days 14 & 15
Yesterday's high was below zero with windchills -30 to -40 degrees Fahrenheit, today's high was zero, so I was obviously fantasizing about spring when I made some of my samples for my Muskego classes in February and March. In February I'm teaching "Mini-Accordion Books" and in March "Easy Pop-Up Cards." In the card sample above, when you pull the sides of the card, a butterfly pops out, using the colorful butterfly faux postage from Ten Two Studios. The paper is Amy Butler double-sided scrapbook paper and the dreamy flapper is from the Ten Two Studios green collage set.
2009_365_015 Accordion Book samples
For the book class, I'm teaching a very basic accordion book like the one pictured above, as well as these little book ornaments or pendants (below), which were inspired by the mini-accordion book trade we did in the Mount Mary Book Arts Group last year and the "booklace" project featured in the September 2008 issue of the Monthly Muse.
Accordion Book Samples
For the pop-up class I'm focusing on basic designs that anyone can do (I hope!).
Heart Pop Up SamplePop Up Sample

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I love your projects Carolyn - especially the faux postage. Do you use a postage-style punch for those stamp-like effects?
Rosie -

Carolyn B said...

Thanks, Rosie - it's actually a decorative scissor that cuts a postage stamp-like border. I've read that you can also try to imitate that perforated look with a big needle on your sewing machine, but I've never tried that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...